Why Purchased Services?
Purchased Services make up roughly 40% of the average hospital system’s supply chain costs, but it is an area that is notoriously difficult to define, track and source.
To date, healthcare organizations have not treated Purchased Services with the same degree of focus as MedSurg and PPI categories, but it represents an untapped source of savings that can help healthcare providers meet their budgets in an era of declining reimbursements.
What makes Purchased Services so challenging?
- Data: No historic spend or usage data is available
- Contracts: Missing contracts, no contracts or poorly executed contracts
- Participation: Local facilities and stakeholders resistant to centralization
- Incumbents: Entrenched local supplier relationships
- Local Sourcing: Local/regional suppliers with no GPO contracts
- Intelligence: Lack of benchmarks
- Personnel: Insufficient dedicated staffing
- Expertise: Lack of experience with sourcing purchased service categories
- Tracking: No easy way to monitor new contracts and savings over time
- Implementation: Difficult to start up with new suppliers
Medpricer meets all of those challenges
We can help you unlock your health system’s Purchased Services potential because we built the industry’s only comprehensive Purchased Services System blending cloud-based technology with on-demand professional services.
The Medpricer system:
- Is designed uniquely for healthcare Purchased Services
- Augments and accelerates your staff’s existing capabilities
- Removes the most difficult and administratively time consuming aspects of sourcing projects so you can focus on strategy and stakeholders
- Provides you with technology & E-Sourcing Tools that you can use long-term
- Transfers knowledge to your staff so that they become Purchased Services experts
- Is flexible so you can choose only the elements that you need now and over time